Hello guest
Your basket is empty
City made the long trip up north on Saturday to take on fellow unbeaten side Spennymoor Town in the National League North. 
James Rowe was forced into two changes from last weekend's 2-1 victory over Chester, Jack James and Tommy O'sullivan coming into the starting XI to replace Gavin Gunning and Josh Thomas. 
The hosts also made two changes to their starting XI as Hall & Kennedy replaced McKenna and Anderson. 
The opening exchanges of this match saw both teams playing with a lot of freedom and as a result, a very end-to-end game ensued.  It was City that had the first real opportunity of the match as in the 18th minute McClure unleashed a fierce effort towards the Spennymoor goal which narrowly avoided the back of the net. 
As the first half progressed both teams cancelled each other out and neither side were able to create any real opportunities. Spennymoor striker Glen Taylor had a half chance just before the half-hour mark however his shot went well wide of the target. 
Both sides had opportunities to open the scoring towards the end of the first 45, Skipper Liam Daly sent his header into the side netting before Thompson drilled wide of the post for the visitors right on the verge of half time. 
The hosts came out the better side at the start of the second half with Scott McLean forcing a good reaction save from Moulden who kept the scores level. 
The host's good start to the half was rewarded in the 54th minute as Jamie Spencer drilled a low effort into the bottom corner from close range, giving Moulden no chance. 
City responded well to going behind and tested the Moors defense on a few occasions. The leveler would come in the 66th minute after Kevin Dawson sent a delightful ball into the box which perfectly found McClure who was on hand to turn the ball home inside the six-yard area making it six goals in five games for the in-form City man. 
With the wind in their sails City looked to push on for a winner however it looked as if the scores would remain level. 
As we approached the closing stages of the game Dawson spotted an opportunity to get City back in front, jinxing past a Spennymoor defender before finding Carline who sent a precise ball into the box which found Asante. Asante made no mistake and cooly finished to make it two goals in two games for himself and to put City back in the lead. 
The Tigers looked to be heading home with all 3 points before a late Glen Taylor penalty got the hosts back in the game. A very competitive afternoon ended with both sides taking a point and keeping their unbeaten record in the league. 
Spennymoor Town starting XI - Eve, Mclean, Curtis, Buddle, Blakemen, Kennedy (85), Spencer, Hall (71), Ramshaw, Thompson (85), Taylor 
Subs Norton, Tait, McKenna (71), Anderson (85), Forbes (85) 
Gloucester City starting XI- Moulden ,Carline, Whittle, Daly (C), Dawson, Asante, McClure, Mensah(80), Morgan ,O'Sullivan, James (61) 
Substitutes- Robert (80), Lovett, Bailey Nichols, Hainault, Jones (61) 
Match report Isaac Henderson 
Photos courtsey of David Nelson 
Share this post:
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings