A highly professional display from Gloucester City sealed a brilliant win away to fellow mid-table side Solihull Moors\r\n\r\nA first half penalty from Danny Andrew and headers from Chris Holland and Adam Mann capped off a tremendous performance.\r\n\r\nAn Omar Bogle penalty and a late, late header from Ryan Beswick made for a nervy finish but the Tigers victory sees them leapfrog the Midlands outfit in the Blue Square Bet North table.\r\n\r\nIn the shadow of Birmingham Airport, Solihull flew out of the blocks but Omar Bogle’s effort from outside the box was easily covered by Mike Green.\r\n\r\nThe Tigers came forward during a very open start to the game and almost took the lead, but Solihull keeper Jasbir Singh was a match for Chris Holland’s powerful header.\r\n\r\nA second chance came swiftly after, but Tom Hamblin’s weak header went wide after a devilish ball from Andrew.\r\n\r\nDarryl Knights then burst down the left hand side but his smart cross into the six yard box evaded everyone.\r\n\r\nThe much-used pitch at Damson Park made its presence known after 20 minutes, a fantastic ball from Lewis Hogg found Steve Davies, but as the striker took his shot the ball bobbled up and saw the striker slice wide.\r\n\r\nIt was Solihull’s turn to feel the wrath of the surface when Bogle shot down the left, crossed in towards Dior Angus who completely miss-hit his shot in front of goal.\r\n\r\nThe incredibly open start continued but after a dink into the area by Luke Connolly, Knights couldn’t get his shot on target.\r\n\r\nAfter a period of relative inactivity, Mike Green blasted the ball forward into the path of Will Morford who shot just wide of the goal, route one football at its finest.\r\n\r\nThe Tigers roared into life just before the break, Davies charged forward and was brought down by Singh on the edge of the area, referee Guy Stretton had no option but to give a penalty.\r\n\r\nAndrew coolly stepped up and struck to the left of Singh to put the Tigers ahead.\r\n\r\nAfter a rather tepid second half, City struck the second blow midway through.\r\n\r\nDave Mehew’s men had looked dangerous from set pieces all game and were finally rewarded after a quality delivery from Andrew connected with the flying head of Holland.\r\n\r\nThe game was sealed on 77 minutes; Tom Webb played a quick free kick into the path of Will Morford who chipped a beautiful ball into Mann who headed home from close range.\r\n\r\nThe home side managed to break back into the game with seven minutes remaining after substitute Matt Coupe brought down Bogle in the area; the striker finished his penalty with aplomb.\r\n\r\nThe Midlands side scored another at the death, Bogle struck the crossbar and the ball fell to Beswick to head into the empty net.\r\n\r\nMorford could’ve added a fourth for City in the ninth minute of injury time, but Michael Blackwood cleared sensationally off the line, but it made no difference as the Tigers sealed the win.\r\n\r\nSolihull Moors: J. Singh, L. Connolly, M. Blackwood, J. Denny, K. Broadhurst, D. Langdon, D. Knights, J. English (Kemp 66), O. Bogle, D. Angus, R. Beswick\r\n\r\nSubs not used: D. Acton, S. Martinez, S. Joseph, J. Brown\r\n\r\nGoals: Bogle 83 pen, Beswick 90+5\r\n\r\nGloucester City: MJ. Green, S. Rawlings, D. Andrew, T. Hamblin (Coupe 52), C. Holland, T. Webb (Liddiard 90), L. Hogg (Edwards 79), J. Harris, A. Mann, W. Morford, S. Davies\r\n\r\nSubs not used: N. Mustoe, D. Mehew\r\n\r\nGoals: Andrew 41 pen, Holland 71, Mann 77\r\n\r\nStar Man: Adam Mann

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.