Gloucester City closed off their National League North campaign by securing a draw away at Lowestoft, ultimately sending the Trawlerboys down.\r\n\r\nThe Tigers started well following some good work on the right by Calvin Dinsley to whip the ball in to Colby Bishop who headed just over the top of the goal.\r\n\r\nLowestoft thought they’d taken the lead through Danny Crow but he was ruled offside by the linesman so his goal was chalked off.\r\n\r\nAfter a lovely bit of play by Lewis Hall to work a cross for Omari Sterling-James, the Cheltenham Town loanee miscontrolled the ball and Ben Killip collected with ease.\r\n\r\nBishop so nearly put the Tigers ahead but the Notts County loan man couldn’t quite reach the through ball and Killip was there again to smother it before once again getting there ahead of Sterling-James.\r\n\r\nThe Tigers went behind a tad unluckily as Jasbir Singh pulled off a stunning point blank stop, but it rebounded to Crow who tapped home with ease to send the home fans into raptures.\r\n\r\nSterling-James lined up a free kick on the edge of the area but his whipped effort went over the wall and unfortunately over the goal too.\r\n\r\nEd Williams replaced Sterling-James soon after due to injury, and after some good play by the substitute to work the ball to Calvin Dinsley, the latter blazed well over the bar from range.\r\n\r\nWilliams was causing problems cutting inside on the left and he subsequently crossed for Bishop who couldn’t direct his header goalwards\r\n\r\nBishop flicked a header inside for Williams but Harry Kyprianou cleared well under pressure with the Tigers well on top, but unable to breakthrough.\r\n\r\nAgain Bishop was looking dangerous as he latched onto a through ball and tried to chip Killip but the Lowestoft stopper was equal to it.\r\n\r\nCity were looking to get back into it after the restart as Hall shot from 20 yards but, after hitting across the ball, his effort swerved just wide of the post.\r\n\r\nThere was a great chance for an equaliser as Hall headed back across goal but Sam Avery couldn’t connect to the loose ball.\r\n\r\nThe Tigers were entertaining the travelling fans with some great possession play but couldn’t quite get anything from it as Lowestoft eventually cleared.\r\n\r\nIt was despair for Lowestoft as the Tigers drew level through Louis Robles.\r\n\r\nThere was confusion in the box as the ball was knocked back across goal and Robles was there to easily tap in after some great control.\r\n\r\nThe game then lost all rhythm and it was a long time before the next attempt on goal, coming through Joe Hanks.\r\n\r\nThe on loan Cheltenham midfielder looked up and saw Killip off his line and tried a speculative effort. Unfortunately for Hanks, Lowestoft’s shot stopper wasn’t troubled.\r\n\r\nKillip was keeping the score level as he once again produced some excellent goalkeeping to smothers the ball at the feet of Ed Williams before saving well from Bishop.\r\n\r\nDespite some late pressure from Lowestoft, the Trawlerboys could not find a winner and, with Brackley winning at home to Tamworth, were relegated from the National League North.\r\n\r\nThe Tigers, meanwhile, remain at the second tier of non league football for yet another season, ending the campaign in a respectable 15th place.\r\n\r\nLowestoft Town: Killip, Barker, Smith, Deeks, Spillane, Kyprianou, Henderson, Jarvis (capt), Reed, Crow (Eagle 74′), Bammant\r\n\r\nSubs: Marsden, Mason, Nyadzayo, Putnins\r\n\r\nGloucester City: Singh, Green, Jones, Hamilton, Avery, Knowles, Webb (capt), Dinsley (Hanks 80′), Sterling-James (E. Williams 30′), Bishop, Hall (Robles 60′)\r\n\r\nSubs: Richards, M. Williams\r\n\r\nReferee: Ian Rathbone\r\n\r\nAttendance: 935\r\n\r\nStar man: Sam Avery

Comments are closed.