A late equaliser from substitute Joe Parker earned Gloucester City a deserved share of the spoils away to Hednesford Town.\r\n\r\nThe match started brightly and a quick free kick caught City napping, but the final ball in from Andy Todd left a lot to be desired and Sam Avery was on hand to easily clear.\r\n\r\nThe Tigers had a lucky escape as they failed to clear their lines from a long throw in and as the ball fell to Kennedy Digie 12 yards out he could only slice straight into Singh’s arms.\r\n\r\nHednesford had the lead after Billy Jones was very harshly penalised for a tackle on Kyle Perry, who duly dispatched it past Singh who got a hand to it but couldn’t keep it out.\r\n\r\nAs half time approached, the Tigers pushed for an equaliser. Connor Thompson tried a very speculative effort from 30 yards but his shot was well blocked by Ben Bailey.\r\n\r\nCity had a chance to equalise in the opening moments of the second half as Jones picked out Thompson with a beautiful ball but the Tigers winger could only head wide.\r\n\r\nJames Bowen finally put the Tigers on the scoresheet as he latched on to a perfect through ball by Thompson, when he showed full commitment sliding in to get there ahead of Parton and watch the ball trickle into the back of the net.\r\n\r\nHednesford looked to regain their lead as goalscorer Perry found himself unmarked 18 yards from goal but could only head straight down Singh’s throat.\r\n\r\nFor all their pressure City could not find another goal and it was the hosts who scored the third of the game.\r\n\r\nA lovely chipped free kick by Thorley was met by the head of Perry whose effort looped up and over the stranded Jasbir Singh.\r\n\r\nCity had Sam Avery to thank that Hednesford didn’t at to their tally as he produced a heroic challenge as last man to deny Paul Ennis.\r\n\r\nFollowing a string of corners for the Tigers, Ennis nearly put the game to bed after he tried a chipped shot over Jasbir Singh but the City keeper always had it covered and saw it wide comfortably.\r\n\r\nFinally City had the equaliser that they so duly deserved in the final minutes of the game. Another corner for the Tigers was headed home from six yards by Joe Parker for his first goal of the season.\r\n\r\nThe Tigers had one final chance to find a winner but Matt Williams couldn’t get the ball out from under his feet just in front of goal.\r\n\r\nHednesford Town: Parton, Disney, Regan, Bailey (capt), T. Williams, Thorley, S. Williams, Todd (Modest 84’), Perry (Robinson 78’), Obeng (Ennis 54’), Digie\r\n\r\nSubs: Trainer, McQuilkin\r\n\r\nGloucester City: Singh, Connolly (Parker 71’), Jones, M. Williams (capt), Avery, Hanks, Liddiard, Webb, Thompson (Anoruo 62’), Symons, Bowen (Hall 79’)\r\n\r\nSubs: Hamilton, Miller\r\n\r\nReferee: W. Smallwood\r\n\r\nStar man: Sam Avery (Gloucester)

Comments are closed.