Another two goals from Lewis Hall helped Gloucester City on the way to their fifth win in six games as they continued their 100% win record in 2016.\r\n\r\nEd Williams went close with a cross that nearly nestled in the top corner of the net that would have left Hakan Burton red faced but in the end it sailed over.\r\n\r\nLewis Hall then bagged his fourth goal in just two games minutes after with a thunderous volley on his weaker right foot, following good work by Luke Hopper to flick it on.\r\n\r\nThe Tigers’ second came within a matter of moments as a teasing free kick from Joe Hanks caught everyone napping bar Rob Cundy who poked it in at the back post.\r\n\r\nWith the Nash shell-shocked, City should have made it 3-0 as Hopper rounded Burton but it took a last ditch tackle from Daniel Shaw to deny the Tigers striker his first goal in yellow and black.\r\n\r\nHopper was again involved for the Tigers as he did well to beat his marker before his low driven cross was hacked away before Hall could get on the end of it.\r\n\r\nWith very little to offer in the way of attack, the Nash were denied penalty claims as referee Steven Plane adjudged Alex Brown to have dived in an attempt to win a spot kick.\r\n\r\nWith the second half underway, the match quickly turned into a feisty encounter, with Joe Guest and Matthew Warburton both booked in quick succession for cynical fouls.\r\n\r\nCity soon had their third though as Hall scored his fifth goal in two games following yet more good work from Hopper.\r\n\r\nThe former Swindon Supermarine man threaded a delightful through ball to Hall who rounded Burton with ease and tapped it home into an empty net.\r\n\r\nThe third goal seemed to wake the Nash up as Sam Avery was forced into making a brilliant block to deny Liam Tomsett who only had Singh to beat.\r\n\r\nCurzon were on the attack again just after as Guest shot straight at Singh from just outside the penalty area.\r\n\r\nA teasing ball in from Billy Jones was met by the towering figure of Cundy who flicked goalwards but Burton was on hand to smother.\r\n\r\nThe visitors then pulled one back as Niall Cummins rose highest in the box to head past Singh with authority.\r\n\r\nCity again had a chance for their fourth of the game but Hopper’s deft flick was deflected narrowly wide.\r\n\r\nCurzon could offer little more threat to the Tigers goal however as City comfortably saw out the remaining minutes to claim another three points and continue their 100% winning record since the turn of the New Year.\r\n\r\nGloucster City: Singh, Green, Jones, Cundy, Avery, Dinsley, Webb (capt), Hanks, E. Williams, Hopper, Hall\r\n\r\nSubs: Richards, Anoruo, Hamilton, Miller, Hicks\r\n\r\nCurzon Ashton: Burton, Wright, Hampson, Hunt, Shaw, Rowmey, Guest, Brown (capt) (Woodford 74’), Warburton (Cummins 72’), Tomsett (Eckersley 81’), Brooke\r\n\r\nSubs: Norton, Mason\r\n\r\nReferee: Steven Plane\r\n\r\nAttendance: 232\r\n\r\nStar man: Lewis Hall

Comments are closed.