A fine hat-trick from Gloucester City winger Lewis Hall saw the Tigers cruise to a comfortable 3-0 home victory over Stalybridge Celtic.\r\n\r\nWith good form heading into the game, the Tigers had confidence in the opening exchanges and it showed as City took an early lead through Lewis Hall after a fluid counter attack.\r\n\r\nThe move started with Tom Webb who bound over the halfway line. Following a lovely through ball by Calvin Dinsley, Hall struck across the ball and it swerved inside the far post bottom corner, leaving McMillan no chance.\r\n\r\nStalybridge had a glorious opportunity to draw level soon after though after Bohan Dixon did really well to beat Rob Cundy, but Chris Simm was caught napping and could not get to the ball in time to turn home.\r\n\r\nThe match really livened up as the half came to a close, goalscorer Hall played in Luke Hopper but it was Jack Higgins who produced a goal saving tackle to deny the striker.\r\n\r\nHall was then the architect once again as he whipped the ball across the six yard box but there was no Tigers man to convert.\r\n\r\nA similar cross from Aidan Chippendale troubled the Tigers defence just after half time but once again there was nobody there to turn home as Cundy turned it behind.\r\n\r\nChippendale was once more in the thick of things for the visitors as he lined up an effort from range but the end product left a lot to be desired.\r\n\r\nHall had his second of the game after Harry Williams did brilliantly to spring the offside trap and then square it selflessly to Hall for an easy tap in.\r\n\r\nThe wet surface was causing havoc for both goalkeepers and Dixon once again tested the defence with a teasing cross that skipped off the surface and behind for a goal kick.\r\n\r\nThe Tigers back line were let off following a momentary lapse in concentration as Jasbir Singh spread himself to deny Alex Johnson from six yards, with Cundy clearing the loose ball.\r\n\r\nThe hat-trick was complete for Hall minutes from the end yet again following good work from Harry Williams, as he forced Tony McMillan to parry his shot.\r\n\r\nHall was then there to squeeze the ball home from an impossible angle, with the linesman initially not indicating the ball had crossed the line but it was referee Amy Fearn who gave the goal.\r\n\r\nWith the Tigers defence holding firm, the City faithful were relieved to hear the final whistle go to signal their team’s fourth win in five games, which moved them seven points clear of the National League North relegation zone.\r\n\r\nGloucester City: Singh, Green, Jones, Cundy, Avery, Dinsley (Hanks 90’), Webb (capt.), Knowles, H. Williams, Hopper (E. Williams 90’), Hall\r\n\r\nSubs: Richards, Anoruo, Hamilton\r\n\r\nStalybridge Celtic: McMillan, Wylie, Wisdom, Hughes (capt.), Higgins, Shaw, Dixon, Mudimu (James 63’), Simm (Johnson 69’), Chalmer, Chippendale (Murray 74’)\r\n\r\nSubs: Crowley, Farrell\r\n\r\nReferee: Amy Fearn\r\n\r\nAttendance: 330\r\n\r\nStar man: Lewis Hall

Comments are closed.