Gloucester City recorded a final home win of the season thanks to two first half goals from Harry White.\r\n\r\nStockport had an early chance to take the lead through Kristian Dennis as he brought the ball down on the edge of the box, but County’s leading goalscorer blasted over.\r\n\r\nHarry White looked lively early on with a turn and volley but his effort was tame and easy for Hurst to gather.\r\n\r\nFollowing sloppy play that saw City lose the ball 30 yards from their own goal, Churchman struck it but it’s well wide.\r\n\r\nKristian Dennis was all over the field desperate for a goal. He found space again and unleashed a shot that was straight at Rivers.\r\n\r\nRoss Staley caused problems down the left hand flank all afternoon. Staley delivered a floating ball that worried Hurst who had to push it over.\r\n\r\nGloucester had the lead in the 20th minute. Billy Jones played in a peach of a ball that caught the County defence napping and Harry White was quickest to react to tap in.\r\n\r\nHarvey Rivers, making his competitive debut, pulled off a great save from the ever-threatening Dennis one on one.\r\n\r\nThe Tigers were riding the wave of momentum. Ross Staley beat 2 players with great skill but his driven ball into the corridor of uncertainty alluded everyone.\r\n\r\nCity then had their second of the game after great work from Femi Orenuga. The winger got to the byline to deliver a ball to the incoming White who bagged his second from 6 yards.\r\n\r\nThe hosts came out for the second half with real intent. Harry White could have had a hat trick following a cut back and shot, but his effort was well blocked by Mark Lees.\r\n\r\nWith Stockport offering very little going forward, the Tigers looked to take advantage again with Webb and White having chances to shoot, but it was White’s eventual shot that went wide.\r\n\r\nFollowing sustained Tigers’ pressure, County pressed to get one back. Dennis took it down with a sublime touch and unleashed a volley, but he sliced it wide.\r\n\r\nStaley had a chance to make it 3-0 to the Tigers as he broke one on one, but the shot was weak and straight at Hurst.\r\n\r\nHarry White thought he had finally bagged his hat trick, but for an unbelievable save from the outstretched leg of Danny Hurst to deny him from 6 yards.\r\n\r\nStockport finally had one back with ten minutes to go. A goalmouth scramble that saw two shots cleared of the line was eventually poked home by O’Hallaran.\r\n\r\nCounty chased the game right to the death and O’Hallaran had a fantastic chance to equalise with a half volley on the edge of the box, but the strike from the centre half was well over.\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\nGloucester City: Rivers, Green, Jones, Williams, Avery, Connolly, Staley (Thompson 72’), Webb (c), Wright (Modest 81’), H. White, Orenuga (Knowles 82’)\r\n\r\nSubs: Richards, P. White\r\n\r\nStockport County: Hurst, Jacobs, Duxbury, Churchman, Lees (c), O’Hallaran, Moses (Russell 90’), Glover (Ryan 65’), Dennis, Sharp, Lofthouse (Woolfe 65’)\r\n\r\nSubs: Ormson, Benjamin\r\n\r\nReferee: Rob Massey-Ellis\r\n\r\nAttendance: 615\r\n\r\nStar Man: Harry White

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.