A draw against top of the table North Ferriby was not enough to save David Mehew his job, as he was dismissed as Gloucester City manager moments after the final whistle.\r\n\r\nMehew led Gloucester to promotion to the Conference North in 2009 but the Tigers’ are currently languishing in 21st place. Assistant manager Matt Rose will take charge for Tuesday’s match against Colwyn Bay.\r\n\r\nCity started brightly and nearly took the lead within the first minute. Mann worked himself into some space before crossing into Joe Parker who only had to get a touch to put it in the empty net, but just couldn’t reach it.\r\n\r\nNorth Ferriby began to find their rhythm with 18 minutes gone, winning a free kick on the edge of the box. Kendall’s powerful strike was straight into the wall and the follow up from Mark Gray was well saved by Stuart Moore.\r\n\r\nCity began to press the North Ferriby defence even more and in the 28th minute they got their well-deserved reward.\r\n\r\nA fine cross from Adam Mann found Charlie Griffin in the box, who knocked it down towards Lewis Hogg who rifled a shot into the top corner from 25 yards.\r\n\r\nWith Gloucester enjoying the better play, they looked to press home their advantage. Goal scorer Lewis Hogg’s free kick was well met by the head of Darren Mullings, but the attempt was stopped just on the goal line by Adam Nicklin.\r\n\r\nCity had another chance to double their lead just before the break. Joe Parker found himself through on goal but the attempted chip was easily read by Nicklin.\r\n\r\nThe visitors came flying out the blocks for the second-half and put the home defence under pressure right from kick-off.\r\n\r\nFerriby looked to capitalise on their good pressure and they did so in the 63rd minute, through a wonderful curling free kick from Jamie Yates.\r\n\r\nThe tackles began to fly in after the equaliser, in a period that saw 4 bookings in the space of 8 minutes.\r\n\r\nThere were appeals by City for a second yellow for Nathan Peat after he wrestled Joe Parker to the floor in an off the ball incident, however the referee waved away the protests.\r\n\r\nWith the game petering out to a draw, sponsors’ man of the match Jack Harris was shown a straight red card for an off the ball collision with Liam King.\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nCity: S. Moore, M. Green, R. Winters, M. Coupe, J. Harris, L. Hogg (1), J. Parker, D. Mullings, C. Griffin, C. Waldon (Jarvis), (Giglio), A. Mann\r\n\r\nSubs: M. Green, T. Webb, J. Goddard\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\nFerriby: A. Nicklin, P. Robson, N. Peat, L. King, M. Gray, D. Hone, D. Clarke, R. Fry, R. Kendall (McMahon), N. Jarman, J. D’Laryea (Yates)\r\n\r\nSubs: D. Lisles, A. Pecora, M. Wilson\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nAttendance: 252

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.