Gloucester City will feel disappointed after they were held to a 1-1 draw with a full strength Kidderminster Harriers team.\r\n\r\nBilly Jones scored from the penalty spot after Harry White was fouled, before prolific striker Reece Styche pounced on a mistake from Jasbir Singh to level.\r\n\r\nThe Tigers, as has been the story for every friendly thus far, started strongly. Mike Symons forced a superb diving save from Dean Snedker in the opening stages.\r\n\r\nCity had a chance to take the lead moments later however, as Harry White got in behind the defence only to be brought down in the area by Lathaniel Rowe-Turner.\r\n\r\nBilly Jones, who scored seven from the spot last season, stepped up to calmly dispatch the penalty past Snedker who couldn’t quite reach it.\r\n\r\nWith the Tigers leading, they pressed on for a second goal. Harry White had a good low drive from 20 yards but Snedker got down well to collect the goal-bound effort.\r\n\r\nWith 20 minutes gone, Harriers netted the equaliser against the run of play. Gibraltarian international Reece Styche pounced on a loose ball following a sliced clearance from Singh to calmly roll the ball into the empty net.\r\n\r\nFollowing this setback, the Tigers applied more pressure to the Harriers goal. Mike Symons picked the ball up just outside the area, but his shot lacked direction and was well wide of substitute goalkeeper Brendan Bunn’s goal.\r\n\r\nSeven minutes after the restart the reactions of young striker Jordan Harrison almost put Harriers ahead – he snapped at a shot after Kelvin Langmead had nodded down a corner, but the home defence got bodies on the line to block it.\r\n\r\nSix after the hour, Gurj Singh, on as a substitute, warmed the palms of goalkeeper and former Harrier Jasbir Singh with a powerful, angled effort; another sub in Craig Reid going even closer a little later as his looping header was clawed away by Singh’s sprawling save.\r\n\r\nAfter soaking up a lot of pressure from the visitors, the Tigers nearly took the lead in the dying embers of the game. Obi Anoruo inadvertently blocked a goal-bound effort from Harry White on the line.\r\n\r\nMoments later Harry White was in the thick of it again, as he rose well at the back post but his towering header just travelled over.\r\n\r\nGloucester City: Singh, Hamilton, Jones, Williams, Richards, Connolly, Flynn, Thompson, White, Symons, Staley\r\n\r\nSubs: Avery, Green, Brooks, Parker, Hicks, Anoruo\r\n\r\nKidderminster Harriers: Snedker, Hodgkiss, Langmead, Rowe-Turner, O’Hanlon, Clarke, Verma, Digie, Harrison, Styche, Dawson\r\n\r\nSubs: Bunn, Tunnicliffe, Singh, Hales, Reid, Green\r\n\r\nAttendance: 115\r\n\r\nStar man: Connor Thompson (Gloucester)\r\n\r\nReferee: Adam Matthews

Comments are closed.