A late equaliser from half-time substitute Marc Richards was enough for 10-man Gloucester City to claim a point against Alfreton Town and remain unbeaten at home in the National League North. \r\n\r\nAlfreton were left fuming when they had a goal ruled out early on. Singh kicked the ball against Samuel Berry from a kick out of his hands, which Allan turned in but the goal was chalked off for offside.\r\n\r\nFollowing sustained possession for Alfreton, Matthew Duke pulled off a lovely save down to his right following a glancing header from Anoruo.\r\n\r\nMatthew Duke was called into action again soon after as he stretched away to his right to keep out a Joe Parker long range effort that looked destined for the bottom corner.\r\n\r\nCliff Moyo was causing several problems down the right hand side for the Tigers and was allowed time to strike from range, but the shot was easily gathered by Singh.\r\n\r\nAndi Thanoj was allowed two bites of the cherry from 25 yards as his first shot from range was deflected back to him off his own man, with the follow up sailing well over Singh’s goal.\r\n\r\nThe visitors were very much in control. Joe Leesley was allowed time to shoot in the area but he could only drill his effort against Sam Avery and away.\r\n\r\nAlfreton had a deserved lead just before half time. An unbelievable cross in from the right from Daniel Bradley was met by Thomas Allan with a bullet header straight into the bottom corner leaving Singh rooted.\r\n\r\nSpencer Hamilton was sent off on the stroke of half-time following a contentious decision. Joe Leesley knocked the ball 30 yards in front of him and left a leg hanging.\r\n\r\nReferee Rob Massey-Ellis had no hesitation in brandishing the red card after being surrounded by six pleading Alfreton players.\r\n\r\nThe Tigers started well in the second half and took the game to the team with the man advantage. Mat Liddiard played a teasing ball into the 6-yard box that was cleared behind by Moyo.\r\n\r\nCity had the ball in the net just before the hour mark through Mike Symons. But the big striker was denied his first goal back for the Tigers due to an offside call.\r\n\r\nThe Tigers had a much deserved equaliser seven minutes from time as Marc Richards headed home a beautiful corner from Billy Jones to bring City level.\r\n\r\nWith City pushing for a winner, Alfreton nearly had one of their own. John Johnston cut inside past three men before unleashing a sliced effort well wide.\r\n\r\nThe Tigers had a late chance to grab an equaliser from a corner, but the header from Matt Williams was blocked in the six yard box and cleared away.\r\n\r\nGloucester City: Singh, Hamilton, Jones, Williams (capt), Avery, Connolly, Liddiard, Thompson (Green 46’), Anoruo (Richards 46’), Symons, Parker (White 70’)\r\n\r\nSubs: Hicks, Hall\r\n\r\nAlfreton Town: Duke, Moyo (Johnston 85’), Heaton, Allan, Berry, Bradley (capt) Thanoj, Wilson, Jordan, S. Jones, Leesley (Jackson 80’)\r\n\r\nSubs: Smith, Paling, Galinski\r\n\r\nReferee: Rob Massey-Ellis\r\n\r\nAttendance: 372\r\n\r\nStar Man: Harry White (Gloucester)

Comments are closed.