Braces from hotshot teenage strikers Joe Parker and Scott Wilson secured Gloucester City a friendly victory against Brockworth Albion.\r\n\r\nParker opened the scoring with an early penalty before Chris Fairley equalised for the Northern Senior League side.\r\n\r\nHowever, the 18-year-old slotted home before the break and his half time replacement, Wilson, continued the job as bagged himself two more to round out the victory.\r\n\r\nOn a bobbly surface at Brockworth Rugby Club, the Tigers started out the stronger and were rewarded for their intent after 15 minutes when Danny Campbell was played over the top and felled in the area by Chris Skinner.\r\n\r\nStriker Parker stepped up and passed the penalty home with aplomb to send Dave Mehew’s team into the lead.\r\n\r\nStrikes from Johnny Lee and Kyle Knott peppered the Brockworth goal but failed to trouble Skinner too much.\r\n\r\nBut, on the half hour, Albion struck back after a superb run from Blaine Waugh saw the winger’s cross into the path of Fairley who tapped the ball past Nathan Phillips to equalise.\r\n\r\nIt was the Tigers who would roar into the break though, Campbell’s weighted ball over the Brockworth backline found Parker in acres of space as he skipped past Skinner and slotted home to put City back ahead.\r\n\r\nAs the second half began, chances came and went for City with American Lee and Lewis Hogg both striking over the bar and then after a brilliant slalom run from Sam Turl, Campbell couldn’t convert.\r\n\r\nThe breakthrough came shortly after with good interplay from Lee and Liam Antonio Orchard finding hotshot Wilson in the area and he scooped the ball up off the floor into the top corner of the net for City’s third.\r\n\r\nThe Tigers began to find their rhythm and after a teasing corner from Hogg, a powerful header from Turl was saved superbly by substitute ‘keeper Ryan Pierce.\r\n\r\nThe Mill Lane side began to fightback though, and came very close to a second with Fairley in on goal but was tumbled over by Knott.\r\n\r\nThe resulting free kick from Anthony Workman was struck ferociously and only a stupendous save from young goalkeeper Phillips tipped it onto the inside of the crossbar and bounced down but eluded everybody.\r\n\r\nThe visitors finished off the contest in the 82nd minute when Wilson picked up on Campbell’s spilled effort and knocked home with ease for City’s fourth and final goal.\r\n\r\nBrockworth Albion: C. Skinner (Pierce 45), D. Batchford (Long 45), M. Thompson, R. Prictor, B. Waugh (Evans 50), A. Crosby-Morton (C. Burns 59), C. Thompson, D. Sharp (Lowe 18), J. Boaden, C. Fairley (Temple 45), J. Burns (Evans 45)\r\n\r\nGoals: Fairley 30\r\n\r\nGloucester City: N. Phillips, K. Knott, J. Harris (Hogg 45), M. Coupe (Weir 45), N. Perkins, J. Lee (Mace 60), S. Turl (Tumelty 64), K. Tracey (Binns 77), J. Parker (Wilson 45), D. Campbell, L. Antonio Orchard\r\n\r\nGoals: Parker 15, 35 Wilson 55, 82

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.