A ten goal thriller at the seaside was the reward for travelling Gloucester City fans on the last day of the season, although they were on the wrong end of it.\r\n\r\nGloucester took an early lead through Connor Thompson. A whipped cross from Connolly wasn’t dealt with by Fylde and Thompson knocked in at the near post.\r\n\r\nFylde had an immediate chance to break back. Following great play down the left by Lloyd who skipped past Green and Knowles to cross to Wilson unmarked, but his header was straight at Rivers.\r\n\r\nThe Coasters had their reward soon after through a free kick from Danny Lloyd. The Fylde hitman struck it from 30 yards and the effort was unluckily deflected past Harvey Rivers.\r\n\r\nFylde then took the lead from the penalty spot, as Harry White dragged down Brad Barnes and was subsequently booked. Danny Rowe dispatched the spot kick, sending Rivers the wrong way.\r\n\r\nHarry White was lucky to stay on the pitch following a trip on Richie Baker. White, having already been booked for the aforementioned foul was given a final warning by the referee.\r\n\r\nThe Tigers equalised just before half time through Chris Knowles from an excellently worked set piece.\r\n\r\nBilly Jones delivered an absolute peach of a corner from the right and Knowles was there at the back post rising highest.\r\n\r\nFylde came out with intent in the second half and had an early chance for as Connolly had to block a shot that cannoned off the crossbar.\r\n\r\nThe Coasters had their third soon after though, after a cross from Barnes evaded everyone and Rowe was there to tap in at the back post.\r\n\r\nCity equalised almost immediately after a great flick round the corner from Thompson to White, who cut in on his right foot and curled one past Hinchcliffe.\r\n\r\nThe Tigers had the lead from the spot as Billy Jones dispatched his penalty with aplomb, although Hinchcliffe was unlucky not to keep it out.\r\n\r\nHarvey Rivers then pulled off the save of the season as he denied Richie Baker from point blank range.\r\n\r\nThe third penalty of the game was then awarded to the hosts. Mike Green hauled down Lloyd and Rowe dispatched it for his hat trick.\r\n\r\nThe goals were flying in and Fylde had a fifth following a stunning free kick from Lloyd 35 yards out.\r\n\r\nThe tenth goal of the game went to Dion Charles as the ball was squared to him at the back post and he had an easy finish past Rivers to finish the game.\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\nAFC Fylde: Hinchcliffe, Hughes (Denson 34’), Sumner, Langley, Hannigan, Barnes, Baker, Wilson (Blinkhorn 63’), Rowe, Lloyd, Barnes (Charles 68’)\r\n\r\nSubs: Booth, Tomsett\r\n\r\nGloucester City: Rivers, Green, Jones, Avery, Williams, Connolly, Thompson (Staley 84’), Knowles, Wright (Modest 76’), White (Kabba 84’), Orenuga\r\n\r\nSubs: Richards, Kabba, Staley, P. White\r\n\r\nReferee: Paul Davison \r\n\r\nAttendance: 906\r\n\r\nStar man: Chris Knowles

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.